The following was shared by a sister in Christ involved with Lutheran Women's Missionary Society in our circuit. It struck me as worth broadcasting to all my Titus Two Friends---particularly at this time when we are giving thanks for our blessings.
Each day we interact with people from all different walks of life—and that means every day we have opportunities to share Jesus. Are you looking for more ways to let your light shine? Here are some ideas:
- •Spend time each day studying the Bible.
- •Prepare a personal statement of faith.
- •Pray regularly and ask God to help you spread His Word.
- •Forward daily devotions to family and friends.
- •Host a Bible study in your home.
- •Invite neighbors to events at your church.
- •Welcome families that move into the neighborhood.
- •Develop relationships with your doctor, hairstylist, mailman, and others.
- •Display Christian art or play Christian music at work, if permitted.
- •Volunteer to teach English as a Second Language classes.
- •Make regular visits to nursing homes and assisted-living facilities.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and
teaching them to obey
everything I have commanded you.
And surely, I am with you always,
to the very end of the age."
O, LORD God, please give us many opportunities to share Your light today. Especially watch over our missionaries, their families and congregations in southeast Asia.
Lord, please give them strength as they
share the light of Jesus.
And Lord, please let my light shine in
all I think, say and do. Make me BOLD to walk the path upon which You have set my feet.
In Jesus' beautiful name, let this be done.
Thanks to Lynette Hupman, Vice President of Heritage Circuit LWMS for the idea.
I edited the prayer and added the Bible passage, otherwise this is her work.